Welcome to the LiMaS Supporting Tools, which are designed to show you which Directives and Regulations may affect to your products/processes. Also these tools will help you to analyse and improve the environmental impacts associated to your product during its life cycle. In these tools you will find information and support regarding the following environmental subjects:
- Legislative compliance:
- WEEE (Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment)
- RoHS (Restriction of the use of certain Hazardous Substances in electrical and electronic equipment)
- Eco-design Directive (Energy using Products/Energy related Products)
- REACH (Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals)
- Hazardous Substances Monitoring (in your products/processes)
- Environmental Management System of your processes
- Environmental communication (Eco-labels applicable to your products)
- Environmental Assessment of your products (template to be used in the EuPeco-profiler software)
A common initial questionnaire is used to pre-check the possible aspects that could interest you. The data entered in this initial questionnaire is used in all the specific tools.
Please, be sure that all Microsoft EXCEL spreadsheets are copied in the same folder.
Download LiMaS Supporting tools for free from this page. These tools are available in English, Spanish and Chinese. (Note: The Chinese version translated by the Delegation of German Industry and Commerce Beijing in the framework of the EU-funded SWITCH-Asia Project (www.switch-china-sme.eu)).
The LIMAS Supporting Tools are the result of the authors’ interpretation of the requirements of the analysed regulations and directives. Therefore it may only be used as an advising tool. It is manufacturer responsibility to guarantee that their products fulfil these directives and regulations. The authors will not accept any responsibility for the use of these tools.
These tools are done by the authors and it is not to be perceived as the opinion of EACI. The Agency is not responsible for any use that may be made of the information contained therein.